With music described as “breathtaking” (Kitchener-Waterloo Record), “imaginative and expressive” (The National Post), “a pulse-pounding barrage on the senses” (The Globe and Mail), and “Bartok on steroids” (Birmingham News), composer Kelly-Marie Murphy “is an exciting and imaginative composer, much in demand especially in her native Canada and deservedly so” (New York Concert Review). She has created a number of memorable works for some of Canada’s leading performers and ensembles, including the Toronto, Winnipeg, and Vancouver Symphony Orchestras, The Gryphon Trio, James Campbell, Shauna Rolston, the Cecilia and Afiara String Quartets, and Judy Loman.
More about Kelly…
- solo cello: new piece for Cameron Crozman (Spring 2017)
- solo percussion: new piece for Zac Pulak (Summer 2017)
- Toronto Symphony Orchestra: Glenn Gould celebration (Fall 2017)
- Elektra Women’s Choir (2018)
- 8 celli, Women’s Musical Club of Toronto, (Spring 2018)
Follow on SoundCloud and on Twitter @KMMOttawa.