With music described as “breathtaking” (Kitchener-Waterloo Record), “imaginative and expressive” (The National Post), “a pulse-pounding barrage on the senses” (The Globe and Mail), and “Bartok on steroids” (Birmingham News), composer Kelly-Marie Murphy “is an exciting and imaginative composer, much in demand especially in her native Canada and deservedly so” (New York Concert Review). She has created a number of memorable works for some of Canada’s leading performers and ensembles, including the Toronto, Winnipeg, and Vancouver Symphony Orchestras, The Gryphon Trio, James Campbell, Shauna Rolston, the Cecilia and Afiara String Quartets, and Judy Loman.
More about Kelly…
- Composer-in-Residence, James Madison University New Music Festival (October 2017)
- 8 celli, Women’s Musical Club of Toronto, (Spring 2018)
- orchestra, Symphony Nova Scotia, (Spring 2018)
- Composer-in-the-Classroom, Gryphon Trio Listen Up! Project (2017-2018)
- Winner of the Maria Anna Mozart Award, 2017
- Winner of the Azrieli Prize, 2018
Follow on SoundCloud and on Twitter @KMMOttawa.